Friday, August 5, 2011

Canning Salsa



Dice up 5 cups of bell peppers.

 Dice up 5 cups of onion.
 I put my tomatoes it hot water for a few minutes until the skin splits then I remove them and let them cool and peel the skins from them. (Ten cups of peeled/diced tomatoes)
 I also add 1 1/4 cups of apple cider vinegar, 3 tsp. salt, 2 Tblsp. of cilantro, 2 hot peppers,(u can add none or up to 2 cups..depends on your taste. lol),1 Tblsp. of hot sauce, 2 Tblsp. of sweetner and a bit of garlic. Bring this to a boil-then place into canning jars.

I process mine on ten pounds of pressure for 15 minutes.

 For salsa/pickles I reuse glass jars from other foods. It works fine.
Taste pretty good.

More corn that I gathered and have been canning also.
(around 100 jars so far)

I enjoy canning/putting up the food that we have grown. :)  It gets BUSY during peak harvest time, but so worth it.
Blessed by God :)

No comments: